Herb Lore Postpartum Sitz Bath Herbs
This is an herbal combination used to help soothe and heal the perineal area after birth, helps keep swelling to a minimum (especially if the frozen pad method is used), helps the speed the healing process, and helps to fight infection. This is one of Herb Lore’s most popular products and winner of the Essential Postpartum Products for Mama and Baby 2015 award. Clients swear by this product! Pam (our herbalist and company founder) had a third-degree tear (to the rectum, which rarely ever happens but these kinds of weird things are how she learned what works!), and she used the frozen pads and peri bottle. She had NO pain whatsoever from her many stitches – she said she couldn’t feel any discomfort at all, ever – and her midwife was amazed at the lack of swelling and speed of healing. All of this was directly due to the Postpartum Sitz Bath Herbs. Her experience with the herbs is common – it has become one of Herb Lore’s most popular items! It is a “must have” for any birthing mom!
Ingredients: Organic Shepherd’s Purse, Comfrey Leaf, Plantain Leaf, Garlic, Uva Ursi, Lavender Blossom & Sage. No other additives or fillers used. Non-GMO and gluten-free.
Suggested Use: Instructions for use are on the bag label or on the Postpartum Sitz Bath Herb info page under the More Information tab. Usage ideas include:
- use in a sitz bath
- use in the bathtub as a whole body soak,
- use the tea in a peri bottle to squirt onto the perineal area, especially after using the bathroom
- use the tea in a squirt bottle to spray onto stitches (including C-Section stitches)
- soak sanitary pads to freeze as a cool, pain relieving “ice pack” to wear after the birth. (One bag will make one supply of frozen pads.) This is the most popular way of using the Postpartum Sitz Bath Herbs. Complete instructions are on the Postpartum Sitz Bath info page and on the bag label.
- All ideas can be used together.
4.5 oz. resealable bag
From the Herb Lore Website
Pam Caldwell, Certified Herbalist